Love After Lockup‘s Kristianna Roth married John Miller after she got out of prison, but she’s back behind bars now – so the honeymoon’s already over. And it’s going to be a good long while before Kristianna’s out of prison this time. Here is why she’s back in prison – and her shocking criminal timeline before her WEtv appearance.
Love After Lockup: Kristianna Roth’s Criminal Record Starts Young
When digging into Kristianna Roth’s history of crime, the first adult arrest was around age 18. If there were arrests before that, they should be in sealed juvenile records. Kristianna’s initial adult arrest was serious misdemeanor assault causing bodily injury.
Next, the cops picked up the Love After Lockup bride for underage alcohol in March 2003. The next year, in 2004, saw Kristianna Roth locked up again for drinking as a minor to which she pleaded guilty. The court also charged her with possession of drug paraphernalia but later dismissed it.
Love After Lockup reality star Kristianna Roth had a busy 2005 when she just turned 20. We’ll summarize below.
- April 2005 – Theft in the 5th degree – guilty plea
- May 2005 – Attempted 3rd-degree burglary – sentenced
- June 2005 – Criminal mischief – dismissed
- July 2005 – Theft 1st degree – outcome unknown
- September 2005 – Probation violation
- November 2005 – Theft 5th degree – dismissed
2006-2009 Saw John Miller’s Wife Arrested Every Year
Despite Kristianna Roth’s busy 2005, the Love After Lockup future reality star only slowed a little. Over the next five years, Kristianna kept up with her arrests. In January 2006, she had a 5th-degree theft charge dismissed, although that might be tied to the late-2005 charge.
Then in November 2006, there’s a drunk arrest on her record. Seven months later, John’s Love After Lockup bae was fresh out of prison when police got Kristianna Roth on charges of possession of a controlled substance.
In 2008, Kristianna from Love After Lockup allegedly spent a short time behind bars on a prostitution charge. Then, Kristianna Roth spent more prison time in 2009. There were guilty charges for drug paraphernalia possession. And 2010 was her only arrest-free year.
Love After Lockup: Nearly a Decade of Police Problems for Kristianna
After a brief respite in 2010, trouble started up again for Kristianna Roth in 2011. Police nabbed her in September 2011 on 3rd-degree theft, and she pled guilty. Then there were four charges in 2012 as follows:
- January 2012 – Publicly under the influence of controlled substance – guilty
- February 2012 – Theft fifth-degree – pled guilty
- April 2012 – 3rd-degree burglary felony – guilty plea
- April 2012 – Probation violation
- December 2012 – Drug paraphernalia possession – guilty
Kristianna’s 2013 and 2014 was a hodge-podge of probation and prison that is hard to parse. In May, she was on probation for felony theft. Then, in December 2013, back in prison on a class D felony. Then Love After Lockup prison alum Kristianna Roth was out by January 2014.
We know this as police cuffed her that month for another paraphernalia charge with a guilty plea. Kristianna was on parole in February 2014. Then in July 2014, she was charged with “absence from custody” and was sent to prison but got work release that Fall.
Let’s dig into 2015-2018 as best as we can to sort Kristianna’s lengthy record of charges, prison, and parole stints leading up to her recent release and time on Love After Lockup. It seems she can’t escape her history and it could end her marriage to John almost as soon as it begins on the WEtv show.
- April 2015 – Absence from custody – guilty plea
- March 2015 – Back in prison on a minor felony
- May 2015 – Work release
- November 2015 – Prison
- January 2016 – Parole
- June 2016 – Publicly under the influence and disorderly conduct – guilty plea
- July 2016 – Same charge as June – guilty
- October 2016 – 2nd-degree burglary – guilty
- January 2017 – Absent from custody – guilty
- March 2017 – Prison
- July 2018 – Prison
- December 2018 – Missing from custody – guilty plea
- January 2019 – Work release – then escape from custody charge
Kristianna Married Then Back in Prison After Love After Lockup Filmed
So, WEtv showed John Miller talked Kristianna Roth into marrying him in the back of his pickup truck. But the honeymoon was already over as her release lasted just a few months. In December 2019, police picked up Kristianna for 2nd-degree burglary.
As Kristianna was already on probation, as seen on Love After Lockup, she was picked up by local police then transferred back to prison. Kristanna Roth is currently in state prison in Iowa, and the system won’t release her until February 2023. So, will John Miller wait around that long for his wife?
Catch up on all things Love After Lockup here at Soap Dirt.