Counting On parents Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar broke their silence about reports that Federal authorities raided their properties. Multiple sources reported for days now the Duggar family home in Tontitown, Arkansas was raided by law enforcement. Other reports allege Duggar-related businesses were also visited by state or federal agencies. So, finally, after days of rampant speculation, the Duggar family issued a response. However what they said doesn’t align with local news reports and comments from official sources.
Counting On: Jim Bob Duggar & Michelle Duggar Deny Raid
The Duggar Family wrote on their Duggar Family Official Counting On Facebook page late Tuesday night to address the rumors. There, they denied federal law enforcement raided their large family home over the weekend. Plus, the family said to the best of their knowledge it is not true. They also said that it’s not true that any Duggar family member “is the target of any investigation of any kind.”
The Counting On family tends to not respond to every rumor they read about their very large family. However, in this case, they felt they had no choice but to addresses the “fake news”. They said it would be a full time job to try and do so. They closed their official statements with gratitude by thanking their fans for their love and support.
One other Duggar issued a statement. Jedidiah Duggar addressed the scandal. Recall this Counting On Duggar is now running for public office. Jedidiah’s following in his father’s political footsteps. Earlier this year he filed paper to run for State Representative and commented on the events. His official comment reads as follows, ““I don’t live there and I am not aware of any investigation.” But news sources in Arkansas conflict with family statements.
Josh Duggar The Focus Of The Raid ?
News reports released today with info from Homeland Security contradict the Counting On stars words. Local KNWA news posted an audio clip of a spokes person for HSI who confirmed the Duggars were raided. However, it seems the agents were at another Duggar family business. This morning, a Homeland Security spokesperson confirmed the agency was in fact in Arkansas for a federal criminal investigation. The business raided was linked to the Duggar’s oldest son, Josh Duggar.
The Homeland Security rep confirmed the address of the business where HSI agents visited as Wholesale Motorcars. Additionally, this location lists Josh Duggar as the contact person for the business. However, Josh is not listed as the property owner. The HSI spokesman was asked to confirm if the disgraced Counting On alum was under investigation. His response is as follows, “I can’t speak to any individual that may be under investigation. So I can confirm that we were at that address. And spoke to individuals at that location. But I can’t discuss any individuals by name.”
Counting On: What’s Next For Josh?
This does not bode well for Josh Duggar. He has numerous legal issues already such as a three-day jury trial next April. Duggar’s company, ALB Investments, LLC, and another man are accused of the illegal purchase of a property. However, Josh filed a motion to dismiss. So, he might escape that one unscathed.
There’s some good news for Counting On alum Josh Duggar. He and his wife Anna Duggar are days away from welcoming their sixth child. The couple married in 2008. They celebrated their 11th wedding anniversary in September. Josh and Anna Duggar have five children. The couple has two daughters Meredith Grace and Mackynzie Renee, along with three sons, Marcus Anthony, Michael James, and Mason Garrett. Their latest child will be a daughter. Fans are anxious to meet their newest girl. However, they’re also concerned about what these investigations could mean for the Duggar family and the future of their popular TLC show.
New Counting On episodes air every Tuesday at 9 pm on TLC.
Bookmark Soap Dirt and check often for the most up to date Counting On news and spoilers.